Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Hartford CT

I was an exhibitor in the Sugarloaf Hartford CT craft festival last weekend. It was my fourth craft fair and the most sophisticated venue I've been in so far (though all things considered it was still kind of a lousy one.) My sales have doubled for each event I've done over the prior one but I still wasn't able to cover expenses for this one since the booth fee was so much higher. I've kept adding to the amount of work available for sale between the events and improving my booth display which I think has been helping the rising sales. I still have more work to do on it though- I need to get rugs for the floor, some bigger lights, and better backdrop material. My next event will be Sugarloaf Gaithersburg in mid April- their flagship event. There'll be 450 exhibitors- 20 some photographers. I'm exciting about doing a show with so many photographers because I relish having the others to compete against.